- This event has passed.
5th Conference of Econometrics Models of Climate Change
27th August 2020 - 28th August 2020
The Department of Economics of the University of Victoria, together with CREATES at Aarhus University, the Department of Economics and Finance (DEF) at the University of Rome-Tor Vergata, and Climate Econometrics at the University of Oxford, are hosting the 5th Conference on “Econometric Models of Climate Change” at the University of Victoria (Victoria, BC, Canada) on 27-28 August 2020.
The Conference on Econometric Models of Climate Change has been taking place annually since 2016 and aims to promote an interdisciplinary approach to the detection and attribution of climate change, econometric estimates of socio-economic and financial climate impacts, as well as policy evaluation (for past programmes see here).
- Keynote by Nobel Laureate, Robert Engle (NYU Stern)
- Sir David F Hendry (Oxford University)
- James H Stock (Harvard University)
Call for papers – now open!
We solicit submissions of papers whose novelty stems from the applications, development, and introduction of econometric methods to models of climate change – inviting papers using econometric methods to analyze climate data, as well as econometric studies of socio-economic climate impacts and policy.
Please send titles and abstracts (or completed papers) no later than April 31st, 2020 to one of the organizers below.
- Eric Hillebrand, CREATES, Aarhus University, email@example.com
- Felix Pretis, Department of Economics, University of Victoria, & Climate Econometrics, Nuffield College, Univ. Oxford; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tommaso Proietti, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, Università di Roma ‘Tor Vergata’, email@example.com
Join the Climate Econometrics network to receive conference updates.